International College of Angiology
Member, Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS)
A Research Achievement Award is presented annually to a Fellow of the International College of Angiology in recognition of scientific excellence and independence in the field of cardiovascular medicine or surgery with a sustained and distinguished record of major scientific achievements. An Awardee will have already had, and are expected to continue to have, a major impact on our understanding and/or treatment of cardiovascular disease. The Research Achievement Award targets investigators at an advanced stage of an established academic career (full Professor or the equivalent).
• Candidates must be Fellows of the International College of Angiology in good standing for five consecutive years.
• Scholarly activity, which includes cumulative contribution, seminal article(s) or monograph.
• Significant breakthrough in an individual’s research area.
• Contribution to the training and research activity of clinical trainees, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students.
Candidates are nominated by two colleagues, one of whom must be a Fellow of the International College of Angiology. The nomination should be a summary of research achievements, statement of importance of the work done by the nominee, curriculum vitae and supporting material including not more than 10 important publications and abstract.
Submit the above no later than 15 May 2018 to the ICA Chairman, Scientific Committee.
• All submitted work will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee and presented to the ICA's Board of Directors. A 2/3 majority vote is required for approval.
• The winner of the Award will receive recognition at the Annual World Congress of the College.
• The Awardee will give a 20-minute oral presentation, in a plenary session, at the 60th Annual World Congress.
2018 Professor John B. Chang Research Achievement Award